College News

Friends and family,

It seems, that it has been quite a long time since my last update. Some of you may know, that I have been living in Tyler since May of this year. It has been a hard time, money-related, and in the arena of making decisions! I had been putting off this update, because I was at a loss of what to share with all of you. I felt a bit bewildered and confused. And even though, I still do, I know, that I know, that I am secure in Him whom I have trusted! "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come... can separate us from the love of God..." Romans 8:38-39 Isn't God just amazing?

Okay, back to my update: In June, I took my GED... and then I took the SAT. The GED was pretty easy and I did alright... but the SAT was a tad bit harder and didn't so well... I did a tad bit lower that I was supposed to! But still, I applied for college and submitted my scores, they did recommend I take the SAT again, so I'm scheduled to do it Nov. 7th... but I got word Tuesday morning, from the college, saying I got a conditional acceptance! That just means I get less hours, but in a way that's good... But if I do better in this next SAT, I can get a clear acceptance just the same!

But now, the dilemma is not the acceptance... but the monetary situation. I do not have the funds to take me through College... not even the first year! This is a very delicate and sensitive part of my life to share... I don't like to talk about my economic situation, because it's just been really hard! Many of you don't know about it... but that's okay... Those of you who do, please, just bear with me through this part of the update. The fact of the matter is, that I need about $23,000 Dollars to get me through One year of college (and to think I want to do 4 years of it)... and if I get a scholarship, It would pay less than 50%! Not very promising, since I haven't been able to find a job! The heart of the dilemma is this: "The college, is in Tennessee, I live in Texas, it costs money that I don't have, and cannot generate because of a lack of work. I can't even move to Tennessee, because I couldn't pay a rent, and do not have a car (not to mention insurance), and school starts in January! Have to make a quick move... but wise one too!" Okay, so there it is! I did apply for a FAFSA scholarship and for a Bryan College scholarship, but I haven't heard back from either of them... I think I will contact Bryan today to ask about that. I would greatly appreciate it if you prayed for this situation... and also if you know anybody who can help me find more scholarships that I can apply for and help me out, please, please, do let me know! Right now, I really feel the full load of the economical burden on my shoulders! And yet, God speaks peace to my heart every day!

Okay... well, that's what I've been going through lately... but my heart and mind keep going back to Mexico. Especially during these holidays coming up: Thanksgiving, and Christmas. My thoughts are: "Mole, Pozole, Tamales, Ponche.... mmmm!" But... God must have me here for some strange reason! It must be, that either He has me here as a part of one great work (that seems puny and miserable long) that somehow I'm oblivious to, or that I am being disobedient to what He's really calling me to!

May Our Father in heaven pour out an avalanche of blessings over your life... and "equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen" Hebrews 13:21

Popular posts from this blog

Without Grumbling

MISSIONS

Culiacan, first week