Update!


Blessings to all of you,

I can hardly believe how long it has been since my last update blog. I have not written in over 5 months. My apologies for the extended delay. This past spring, I began my first college semester in Tyler. It was a great blessing to study there and be a part of the college ministry as well. Words are not enough to explain in detail the wonderful work of the Lord in the lives of the students who have been transformed by His great love. I took 6 classes and finished them all with A's and B's. This summer I have already completed "contemporary math 1" and have begun "contemporary math 2". I have signed up for fall classes as well. As for next spring, I am not positive of what great things God has in store, but I have considered going to Moody Bible Institute. I have already completed and submitted my application and now I am waiting and praying for the results. If God wishes to take me there, He will provide, but if His will is for me to stay another year or so, He will guide me. I want to thank all of you who have been in diligent prayer for me. I appreciate each of you heartily and thank the Lord for your lives.

I want to urge you in prayer about another matter as well. In the past few months, I have felt a heavy burden that I can no longer carry in silence. My heart and soul yearn to step out onto the mission field once more in service to my God. I have considered several mission trips to different places, and have not yet set upon which one the Lord would have me go. But the longing is still burning in my heart, so much so that there have been nights I awake praying in tongues and crying over a lost soul. This burden is tearing me apart and I would appreciate your support in prayer over this matter. Sometimes, I am pressed between the matter of school and the matter of my family, and yet this burden tears at my heart endlessly. This is not to say that I am not serving the Lord here in Tyler, because I am, and I know that He has been using me in great and wondrous ways that I don't even know of yet. But my heart yearns to go to the land of the dialects and to the tribes of native people who are seeking to hear the words of Christ and seeking to find the love of God. I have considered and prayed about joining some large organizations, some small, local mission trips, and other journeys with independent missionary friends. Despite the fact that I know God is using me, I feel so inactive, so small. Perhaps it is just in my blood to travel, and share as I do. Perhaps it is simply what has been instilled in me through my parents, but some days it is so hard to get out of bed and continue in the routine without feeling that somehow, it is all a petty pattern that I do not wish to follow. Some days it is unsettling to continue in this manner and I wish to take a long drive into the mountains of Mexico to sing with the many children that I know are waiting to receive the love of Jesus. Please, I beg you, pray with me for this matter. It is too big a task to undertake on my own. May the Lord of peace be with you in these last days, and may He fill you with every good thing to equip you for His work in Christ, and may you be blessed in serving our great God!

I leave you with these last words from Acts 2:17-21. The Lord gave me this Word some days ago to confirm the great burden I carry within for the lost souls. The last days are near, my brethren.

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old me shall dream dreams. And on my menservants and on my maidservants I will pour out my Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy. I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be SAVED."

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

~Ruth Romer

Popular posts from this blog

Without Grumbling

MISSIONS

Culiacan, first week