At the Crossroads in Sinking Sands

I’m at a crossroads

Between apathy

And melancholy


I stand in sinking sand

And despair when I think I’ve lost the battle

I see the other side of the world

Where people achieve and succeed


They move up in the world

But the sand grabs hold of my feet

And I sink lower again

I know where I want to go


But I don’t know where I am

I know who I want to be

But I don’t know who I am

I’m restless, but I can’t move


I see the other side of the world

Where people go and come as they please

They hold nothing back

And nothing is held back from them


They can see my world also

They look briefly and grin

Knowing they are better

I reach out for help


But they turn away

How can I escape or run?

I try and I work hard to get out

But even after I try


I am baffled by the chains on my limbs

I didn’t know I was trapped

I see the other side of the world

Where they work and they fly


It all seems so nice

While I pay the price

The sand runs between my toes

It reminds me that I can’t go up


That the forces of gravity own this body

I am a slave to the earth

But I lay down on the sand

And I dream peacefully


They lay down in their mansions

And they tremble in the darkness

We live in different worlds


One is better

But it’s not theirs


I know my body is bound

But my soul is free

They spend their lives in luxury


They drain their energy on happiness

In the moment, their minds think its all ok

But when the thrill is gone

They dull the pain with hallucinogens and rum


They walk around freely

But their mind is sinking in the sand

The pain in my soul is stronger

Yet the love in my heart grows fonder


You have seen both worlds

Will you stand beside me on these sinking sands?

Will you guide me through the dark

And hold me when I’m all alone?


Will you come by my side and be like me?

Can you walk in my shoes as I walk in yours?

Can you hold my hopes and dreams and make them yours?

Will you please, be mine?


We can see the other side of the world

How it spins and whirls about

We can see the people’s faces

The fear they hide behind


Can we stand together here,

Just the two of us?


Let's take each other's hands

And stand on these sinking sands


At the crossroads of this world.


Popular posts from this blog

Without Grumbling

MISSIONS

Culiacan, first week