I don't wanna go back

Hello, all you faithful bloggers!

Life is Great. God is good. I cannot remember a better time than when I am in Mexico - It's like I was born to be here... I do not want to back to the U.S. I don't even know why I was over there in the first place... I want to stay here forever... There is nothing holding me back except for one thing...... what was it? ..... Oh yeah... School! I wish I could stay here and still do the homework, and have someone turn it in for me... And have someone record what the teachers say every monday and send it to me! Then... all would be perfect. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE!!!

I have asked God to show me what His will for my life is -to stay here or go back to the good ol' U.S.A! But I'm still unsure of His answer... although I believe that God places a need in our hearts to be in the place where He wants us to be... So He might want me to stay here...

I have emailed all the teachers to send me an early syllabas so that I can begin working on my homework but so far only Mrs. Miller has replied.

There is also this thing that goes on every Febuary (I have only gone once, and want to go again) in Culiana, Sinaloa (Mexico)... You can stay all month if you want... What they do is visit people who work picking tomatoes, peppers and such things for minimum wage... or less than minimum wage! They get paid 10 American Cents per box of tomatoes they pick. Men, women, and children from the age 5 begin to work in the fields from sun up to sun down... Literally. The owners of the fields provide a place for them to stay which is a pathetically terrible way to live. All of these people speak their native tongue which is ussually a dialect although most speak or at least understand spanish. What we do is try to find out their dialect and give them a pre-recorded tape (of the gospel) to them in their dialect (most of them have tape players).

Anyway, maybe I got a little carried away and everything I said might not make sense, but it doesn't matter, it's all in my heart and God sees my heart!

This morning when I woke up, I realized how much I want to stay and how things mean so little to me. I thought about staying here and since my mom would stay too, my Dad could rent a smaller apartment (since it would only be him). And then I tried to think about the stuff I have there and what I would do with them. But I realized that they were so unimportant to me, that I don't really care what happens, as long as I am doing what God wants me to do. I am very happy to find that in myself -that I'm not so attached to earthly things that it would keep me from listening to God and doing His will.

But any way... We were planning on leaving tomorrow, but we're a little short on money so maybe only my Dad and Wes (someone from my Church), will go back tomorrow and I'll stay here with my mom and my lil' Bro. And I am not making this up beacause I really want to stay... It's true! Although I really DO want to stay!! HAHAHA - sounds kinda contradicting, but no matter!

Hey Brazo... Here is my Dad's email: gwromer@homail.com Email him if you REALLY WANT ME TO COME. and YES you can take me, it's fine by me! Have fun!


I guess that's enough for today!

Blessings to all - Ruthie

Popular posts from this blog

Without Grumbling

MISSIONS

Culiacan, first week