MISSIONS

Hey all,

Time is like thin ice, so I got to run, but I want to let you know more about the ministries Dad and y aunt Mary have been placed in.

She has been working with an organization called "day center." It's like day care but for older children. Children that are left alone at home most of the day because their parents work allday and can't afford a place to send them when they're not in school.Some of the kids don't even go to school. Mary, my aunt, has 8 kidswhose ages range from 8-13. Only 3 of them are girls and the rest, aremischievous boys. Sadly, those kids use very dirty and aggressivelanguage. So it has been difficult for my aunt because she grew up ina very distinct place, a Christian home! But those kids have no placeto really call home. The place where they live is a disaster, wheremany times the father is drunk or on drugs, as well as the olderbrother or sister. The mother usually out working and probablyfrustrated when she gets home. It is a devastating situation in whichthese kids live. And you can really tell by their behavior and theirlanguage. Please pray that Mary may be an instrument used to instructthese children in the ways God teaches. That they may learn to love the LORD!!

Dad sent me an email last Saturday and it pretty much gives a thourough update about him:

Dear Ruth,I bless you in the name of the Lord. I pray all is going well for you. Write me and let me know how the Lord is blessing you.This coming week starting Sunday Oct 5th, I will be finishing up my OJT (on the job training) at TDCJ Coffield Unit. This will be my first week of full time service - 12 hours a day for four days. then I will be off for four days. This is how my schedule will go from now on - 4 days work and 4 days rest. I am on the day shift so I start at 5:00 AM and work till 5:00 PM or till I get relieved by the night shift. I will be working on the side of the Unit called Ad-Seg (Administrative Segregation). This is the high security side where the more hardened offenders are located. High security offenders need to be handcuffed whenever they are moved to shower, or recreation and receive their food on a tray through the cell door window. Medium Custody offenders do not generally need to be handcuffed unless going to the Infermery to see the Doctor.When they go to shower or spend time in the day room, we have to search their cells to make sure that they do not have any contraband such as weapons, hand made knives, tobbacco, cell phones, money, or more stuff than they can store in their lockers.It's not always an easy job because I have to be climbing up and down stairs (there are four flights of stairs and four long rows of cells, 22 cells on each row), counting offenders and checking that everything is secure.I really apreciate your prayers.I pray every morning something like this: "Lord, I present my body to you to be a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to you because this is my reasonable service. Let me not be conformed to this world, but let me be transformed by the renewing of my mind that I may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. I recon myself dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God and I present my members to you to be instruments of righteousness. Let me be a vessel unto honor, prepared and fit for the Master's use. My body is the temple of the Living God, Come and make you habitation in me. You say that you dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble and revive the heart of the contrite. Let me maintain a humble and contrite heart. Create in me a clean heart. Wash me in the blood of the Lamb. Abide in me and let me abide in you so that I bring forth much fruit and the savor and the power of your presence may be felt by all whom I come in contact with. Let me me a burning tourch in the midst of the darkness that the light of the glory of God may shine forth and touch them. I am determined by your grace to walk not in the councel of the ungodly nor stand in the way of sinners not sit in the seat of the scornful. I put my delight in your word and will meditate in it day and night so that I will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth its fruit in its season and whose leaves do not wither that whatever I do shall prosper. Bless me today and make me a blessing." Do not let any corrupt communication proceed out of my mouth, but that which is good unto edification. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.
And I pray the same thing for you, Mom, Shem, Sam and Enoch as well as the rest of our extended family.Shalom in Yeshúa, George W. Romer

So that's it... talk to ya'll later!

Love, Ruth Romer!

Popular posts from this blog

Without Grumbling

MISSIONS

Culiacan, first week